This guide is intended for users of GitHub Enterprise who would like their employees to log into GitHub Enterprise via DoubleClue Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) using SAML 2.0. For more information on this product, please visit https://enterprise.github.com/.
- GitHub Enterprise installation
- DoubleClue Enterprise Management (DCEM) installation
2. Preparing DCEM to be an Identity Provider
In order to prepare DCEM to be an Identity Provider, please see chapter 12 of “DCEM_Manual_EN.pdf”.
3. Setting up GitHub Enterprise
4. Setting GitHub Enterprise as a Service Provider for DCEM
- Download the XML-File at http://yourDomain.com/saml/metadata .
- In DCEM, go to main menu item “SAML”, sub menu “SP Metadata”.
- Click “Add”.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “Custom” and click “Continue”.
- Upload the downloaded file using the “Upload” button.
- In “Display Name”, type in a unique friendly name for this SP, such as “GitHub Enterprise”.
- Click “OK”.
GitHub Enterprise is now registered as a Service Provider for DCEM.